Waiting on a Miracle

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Some Prayers to Reflect Upon

I just wanted to put a post together with some of the prayers that I have "acquired" over the past year and a half. I don't want you guys to think I am such a superstitious gambler! If nothing else, these miscarriages have brought me closer to God. These are the prayers that sustained me every day through the miscarriages & I still say them regularly. I believe God has a plan....I just don't understand it & I think that is the point!

Prayer to St. Gerard
O good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and wonder-worker of our day, I call upon thee and seek they aid. Thou who on earth didst always fulfill God's design, help me to do the Holy Will of God. Beseech the Master of Life, from Whom all paternity proceedeth to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the Kingdom of His glory in the world to come. Amen

A Prayer to the Blessed Virgin, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother.
O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this necessity, there are none that can withstand your power.
O show me herein you are my Mother, O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. (3 times)
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. (3 times)

Saint Theresa
The Little Flower,
please pick me a Rose from the
Heavenly Garden and send it
to me with a
Message of Love.
Ask God to grant me the
Favor I Thee implore and tell
Him I will Love Him each day More and More.
(5 Our Father's , 5 Hail Mary's, 5 Glory Be's)
Prayer to St. Jude
O glorious Apostle St. Jude Thaddeus,
true relative of Jesus and mary.
I salute you through the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Through this heart I praise and thank God for all
the grace He has bestowed upon you.
I implore you through the Heart to
look down upon me with compassion.
Oh, despise not my poor prayer,
let not my trust be confounded.
To you, God has granted the privilege of aiding
Mankind in the most desperate cases.
Oh, come to my aid that I may praise
the mercies of God.
All my life I will be grateful to you,
and will be your faithful client
until I can thank you in Heaven.
Amen

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Those are beautiful, Cara, and I'm so glad they've brought you some comfort. I'm not an extremely religious person, but I've often felt like I've made a connection with Mary the past year, and my favorite prayer has become the Hail, Holy Queen. Thank you for sharing these prayers.

    ((hugs))

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Kether said…

    Cara,
    My miscarriage brought me closer to God, too. I became a prayer like I had never been before. Thank you for sharing these beautiful prayers.
    Its so hard to see God's plan when you're in the middle of it, isn't it? My prayers are with you. God bless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home