Waiting on a Miracle

Saturday, October 09, 2004

More Stupid Games....But Go Yankees!

I have been a Yankee fan my entire life. There are many people who are bandwagon fans...but I have stuck with them through the thick and thin. (The 1980's were very thin!) Some of my earliest memories are of going to Yankee games with my grandfather & seeing my mom, 7 month pregnant with my brother, jumping up & down when Reggie Jackson hit a homerun in the 1978 world series. (I guess she wasn't concerned with pre-term labor!)
Anyway, I am just so happy that they won last two games. I am such a gambler though...I caught myself 3 times the other day playing another stupid game. This game involved the Yankees....I was trying to link my fertility to the Yankees! I stopped myself before I let my silly game begin...but you can probably guess what I was thinking if the Yanks win the world series! (I can't write it here because then it will be in play!) I just can't believe I am so desperate for positive signs that I would hinge my sanity on a baseball game...WTF is wrong with me? I am so glad I stopped the game before it started...but GO YANKS!!

If that isn't bad enough, we started looking at houses again. We are going to see the inside of a really nice one this afternoon & I keep thinking WTF to myself...why am I putting myself back in this position? We have a much clearer understanding of feasible monthly payments....but I still can't justify buying/selling/and moving during IVF. I must be insane!

So as you can see, I keep doing the same things over & over and I am not learning from my past mistakes. I think that is the definition of crazy...so here I am cheering on the Yankees and looking for a new house all in the hopes of having a baby! Maybe I'll be committed soon & I won't have to worry about any of this!


6 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Cara you crack me up! I'm sure that whatever happens with the Yanks and the house that you'll have a BEB soon! But I gotta admit.... I'd like the Yanks to lose, let someone else have a chance at the series! Go Twins! (don't hate me now!) ((((((((hugs))))))))))

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Carol P said…

    I call it the Murphy's Law to getting pregnat. Have so much else going on in your life that being pregnant would be a little inconvenient and you'll increase your chances of making it happen. At least that's what I'm banking on.

    I totally sympathize with you. Although I'm not doing IVF, or anything more than mother nature provides, we are in the process of building a house with an unknown final price tag. If I have to go through the uncertainties with the building process, the move, etc, while being preg - well, it'll be a lot. BUT - if it ensures that Murphy's Law will kick in and make me preganant then I'm the first one in line!!!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Don't hate me but I am not a baseball fan. I lost interest totally when they went on their strike a few years ago. I felt like they are getting waaaayyyy to greedy.
    Good luck looking at houses. That is such a stressful thing to do at anytime. BTDT. I hope you find what you are looking for and that it is as stressfree as it can be.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Crista said…

    I'm with Patty on the $$$ thing, but having gone to college in Beantown and lived there a while after, I'm afraid I have to admit that I'm a Red Sox fan -- sorry Cara. HOWEVER, I'll route for the Yanks if their wins are somehow tied to your fertility. :) Good luck with the house-hunting again. Whatever is right will happen, and I'm with Zeeks on the Murphy's Law thing. Bring it on! :)

    ((((hugs))))

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    You guys are the best!!
    Crista -- you truly are a friend if you would root for the Yanks!!
    Zeeks -- I totally agree with the Murphy's law thing! Patty -- I agree that they are all making WAY too much $$$ & are greedy!
    Katie --Yes, I know the Yanks have had more than their fair share of wins, but I can't help rooting for them...I am a true fan!
    & Mia -- Yes, Go Yanks!!!!
    Oh well, take care best wishes to all, Cara

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Crista said…

    Yup, and I totally would, too. (Just don't tell my husband!) ;)

    Bottom line is I'm rooting for YOU girlfriend!!!! Whatever it takes...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home