Waiting on a Miracle

Monday, September 27, 2004

My Forgotten Angel

This summer because I was put on hold, I was numb to my TTC journey. When it was time to go back to school, I had almost forgotten my struggle with trying to have a baby. I was very preoccupied with getting through the surgery & recovering quickly. My first day back, I ran into two teachers who were VERY visably pregnant. One woman was about 20 weeks along and the other was about 30 weeks along. I am honestly very excited for them, but I wasn't prepared to see them so pregnant after not seeing them for a few months. I immediately remembered that if my second pregnancy would have been viable, I wouldn't have come back to school after the summer vacation. My due was supposed to be September 29th. I was pretty upset that night because I realized where I would have been in the overall scheme of things. I didn't have much time to dwell on it though because I had to worry about getting my classroom together and just being prepared for the kids. Well, September 29th is this week, and instead of giving birth, I'll be giving a speech to my new students' parents at Back to School Night! I can't even take the day off and do things for me because I can't miss this "important" night.

I feel like this angel was in a sense "forgotten" because it was smushed between my other 2 miscarriages. I was devestated, but I never had time to just grieve. After I miscarried, I was sent for testing which came back with a few clotting problems. I researched these problems to death after I found out. I also didn't take time off of work because my students were my sanity. I needed to get up and go to work each day or else I might have been put in an institution. I then became pregnant after only one period & that began a whole new set of worrying. Well, I need to set the record straight and let my little precious angel know that not a day goes by that I don't think about what could have been.

I know that many of my sistas are passing tough dates in the next few weeks. The miserable events that we endured together brought us together, and I wouldn't have made it this far without you all...so thank you!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Sending you lots of peace vibes for tomorrow. Due dates are so hard. Mine was 6 months ago and still I grieve. Praying you make it through tomorrow okay. Maybe the being so busy will help you make it through the day.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Cara,
    I so feel your pain. We've "discussed" these school teacher issues before and it is so darn hard! I'll be thinking about you and your angel tomorrow. They are *NEVER* forgotten. ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Oh Cara, I have tears in my eyes. I was just thinking similar thoughts yesterday, since my second EDD was the 27th, and it almost passed without my thinking about it. I suppose in some ways that's a good thing, but it can be hard, too. I remember how strong you were at that time, and I couldn't believe how you could keep on working and not take time out for yourself. I know it was a coping mechanism in some ways, but it also showed your incredible strength. I remember your angel today as well, and I'm sending you lots of ((((hugs)))).

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Gosh, I know how hard it is to have a would-have-been EDD pass by. What a sad milestone. But I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone with these feelings.

    Thinking of you today...

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Cara,
    Angel dates are just so darned hard. You brought tears to my eyes just thinking about my looming date. Mine is coming up October 25th. If anything positive came out of this it was meeting my cyber sistas. I sure wish you would have been able to take the day off and do something for yourself.

    This is a tough thing I am sure since you are doing IVF this cycle. I am sure your emotions are on such a rollercoaster right now. Please know I am so hoping this cycle is a success.
    (((hugs))))

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thank you all for your wonderful support as always! I have been feeling very "Blah" the past 2 days & I know this is the reason. I got through "Back to School Night" last night & I know my angel was watching over me...(parents can be brutal!). Well, take care & I hope to have my "positive" spirits back soon! Luv yas, Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home