Waiting on a Miracle

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Quick History

I am in my early 30s, and I have been trying to have a baby since 3/2003. We got pregnant in 4/2003 and miscarried at 7+ weeks. After a d&c, we started trying again in August. In 1/2004, we found out we were pregnant again, only to miscarry naturally at 6 weeks. The docs did all the tests on us, and we found out I had several clotting problems, including Factor V & MTHFR. We got pregnant again in early April 2004. I was put on Lovenox to correct the clotting problems & even saw a beautiful heartbeat several times. Unfortunately, at 9+ weeks there was no heartbeat. I had another d&c, which allowed testing on the baby. It turned out that the baby was Triploidy XXY. We decided that IVF with PGD would be the best bet to avoid another miscarriage & give us hope for a normal pregnancy. In the meantime, I went to a hematologist, and I not only have genetic clotting problems, but I also have APS. Therefore Lovenox is a must! IVF was set to begin in 8/2004 but the cycle was stopped before it started due to a "mass" in my uterus. I had a hysteroscopy that found "Old Products of Conception." So here I am, on a wing & a prayer waiting for a miracle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home