Waiting on a Miracle

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Day 1

Well I'm back to DAY 1 again! I was very pleasantly surprised this morning when I found that my period had arrived. I immediately called my nurse. I have to go in on Friday for Day 3 bloodwork & if all is well, then I will begin the pill & Lovenox that night. Since my period was late, I missed the first IVF date that she had held for me. At this point, October 20th seems to be the date for my first stim shot if I can "pass" the ultrasound & bloodwork test that day! I am going into this entire procedure with a tentative feeling in my heart. I am so afraid that something is going to pop up unexpectedly and cancel the entire event. I am trying to stay very positive, but to protect myself, I need to be realistic that anything can go wrong.

I've decide that in order to keep my emotions & stress manageable, I need to focus on small milestones. I've passed the first milestone because my period arrived. The next step is for me to get through the blood work on Friday (9/24) and go on the lovely cocktail of Lovenox & birth control! If I can get that far, then I'll worry about the baseline ultrasound & bloodwork on October 20th. From there, I have a ton of stress & mini-milestones to get me through! Again, this is all a waiting game & I'm waiting for a tiny miracle!

On another note, my class seems to be coming together. Today really seemed like the first day that they were following my routines without much fuss...I guess I should wait & see what happens tomorrow! Today might have just been a fluke, or really might have been "DAY 1" with my class!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Hiya Cara!

    I didn't know you were writing in your blog, but I'm so glad I checked in on you. Sorry to hear about your house stress, but it sounds like you made the best decistion for you guys. Saving money is always a good thing! :)

    I'm glad you were happy to see AF and you're beginning a new cycle with a new plan. I can completely understand needing to take things day by day, staying positive but also being realistic at the same time. It's all just so hard. You know I'm always here pulling for you and your miracle, with fingers crossed!!

    I hope yesterday was Day 1 of a new begininning with your class, too!! Here's hoping today is a good day as well.

    SSCKs...

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Hi Cara,
    I came across your blog via Brooklyn Girl's.
    I also live in NJ -- Bergen County. Here is my blog:
    http://lifeofriley.typepad.com/infertile_musings/
    I want to wish you luck as you get under way with your first IVF. We are waiting to do our last IUI with injectables and, if unsuccessful, then will be going the IVF route.
    Good luck!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Hi Cara,
    I wanted to give you some time to get your blog a rollin before stopping by. I am so glad you are on day 1 and AF has arrived. Your plan to take it one small milestone at a time sounds like a good one. As for the house, I think you made the right choice. You don't need any additional stress and worry this cycle. The house will come when the time is right. It is more important to leave the option to stay at home than to have a house. Your future baby will benefit immensily from this. Keep us posted on your progress so we can share the joy of your "milestones" with you. Good luck my girl!

    ssck's

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Wow...I am so excited to have readers!! Thanks so much for checking this out! I have to warn you guys though that it is going to be pretty boring. I decided to start using it so that I can just get my crazy thoughts out without driving my husband insane!

    Anyway, Patty -- I have been dying to find out how you are doing...October 4th can't come soon enough!!

    Take care & thanks again for all your +++++ vibes!! Cara A

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Kether said…

    Cara! So glad to see you've joined the blogging world. I'm glad you're starting this cycle anew and have a plan. I'm crossing my fingers for you and sending many prayers and positive thoughts your way that you get a miracle very, very soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home