Waiting on a Miracle

Friday, September 17, 2004

Life in the Waiting Room

Well, I think I am finally going to create this blog. I had to laugh when I signed in because I had 2 posts from July. The first one was that my period arrived & I was waiting to go on birth control prior to IVF. My second post was the next day, where I was talking about being "on hold" for a few weeks. Little did I know at the time that I would be put on hold for quite a while as I had to have a hysteroscopy with a d&c because there were "products of conception" left over from my last D&C in May.

Well, here I am almost 2 months later & I am still waiting. My period is due, but I am unsure as to when. It could be here as soon as tomorrow (9/18), or it could take until Tuesday the 23rd! So I sit & wait, wearing a pad so that I don't bleed through my clothes! I did this back in August after the surgery. The sad thing is that my period never really started. I had a few days of spotting & then nothing. My nurse figured it was because I was on the pill & my lining had just been scraped...so there was not much to come out. I wonder though if my body is totally screwed up! So I sit & wait for my period!

I am also sitting and waiting to buy a house. My husband & I own a townhouse, but we have been looking for a house. We found a great property in our price range that is in a great neighborhood and has all the "amenities" that we are looking for. We put a bid in & now we are sitting & waiting to see what happens. We found out tonight there is another offer, so there is the very real possibility that we will not get the house. So we sit & wait to see what happens.

School just started again, and as usual, my class seems very unruly. It is only September, and we have only had 6 days of school so far, but I feel like they will never come around. So I sit around and wait to see if they shape up...(I actually have been running around & YELLING, as I give praise!!) while I wait to see if they shape up!!

So here I am waiting for everything to work out & I wonder why I am doing all this! I want a new house because I think..."NEW HOUSE / NEW BABY"! I know that is crazy, but I feel it is the only thing I can do, as I wait for this first IVF cycle to get started. So why not buy a huge house with 4 bedrooms, when my husband & I would be fine in a one room apartment!

Well, this is a real ramble & contains no important or exciting info. It is just a post that helps me get through all this waiting...if nothing else, this TTC venture has taught me the meaning of "Waiting for Godot" & "No Exit"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home