Waiting on a Miracle

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Life's Crossroads & Curve Balls

Well, here I am Sunday afternoon & I am still waiting around for somethings to happen! My period has been a no-show...and so I've given up on pads! I've been trying to calculate its arrival & I then figure out the time for the pill & IVF. Part of me is getting used to this waiting around that I am thinking that I should push everything off until next spring. I think I am freaking out because WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!! I couldn't believe it yesterday when the realtor called saying that the owner "loves us & wants to sell us the house!" I am now quite horrified, excited, & scared!

For the past 2 years I haven't wanted to make any major changes in our lives because I was always waiting for a baby. I got to the point though were I was living my life waiting for a baby that wasn't coming. So recent I started to do crazy things like buy a new car & go house hunting. We found this house that is perfect for raising a family...but it requires my input financially. The townhouse where we live now is very comfortable financially & I could take a year off of work without a problem. If I am not working with this new house, we would definitely feel it financially & my husband would have to work insane overtime to keep us living. Do I buy this house and not worry about possibly having a baby and the financial risk...or do I let the deal fall through and just stay in my comfortable townhouse? This question kept me up all night! Do I live for now or the future? What if the future I have dreamed of never happens? Will I kick myself that I let this great house get by us? What if it takes another 2 years to actually have a baby, will I kick myself because that would have been 2 more years to save money for a leave from work? So here I am at this crossroad....I have many decisions to make & no assurances! I guess this is the way of life! The lesson I am learning is that nothing is easy & there are always curve balls thrown in the mix of life!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Hey Cara! I'm here!! I'm here!! *waving*. How exciting about the house!! I know it is totally your decision but I say go for it! Especially if it as wonderful as you said! You're absolutely correct about crossroads and curveballs but it seems when we follow our hearts and do what we feel is best even when the decisions are hard then things always work out! Good luck with your decision!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Hey Cara! I'm here!! I'm here!! *waving*. How exciting about the house!! I know it is totally your decision but I say go for it! Especially if it as wonderful as you said! You're absolutely correct about crossroads and curveballs but it seems when we follow our hearts and do what we feel is best even when the decisions are hard then things always work out! Good luck with your decision!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks Katie for the good advice! I did follow my heart & I think it was the right decision! Take care, Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home