Waiting on a Miracle

Saturday, January 05, 2008

37.5 weeks

I can't believe I made it to full term. At this point with the twins, they were already about a week old! The pregnancy has been progressing with an estimated baby weight at my 36 week 2 day perinatal appointment at 6 pounds 13 ounces! The baby seems to be in the 73% but then again, who knows what will ultimately happen. I am now on heparin shots & I have a c-section scheduled for January 17th....if I can make it that long. For the past 2 days, I have had period type cramps on and off with some braxton hicks contractions. I never experienced a contraction with the twins, so I have no idea if these are real or fake!

I am finished with work, however being home with two 2 1/2 year olds is so much more demanding than being in my classroom! I seriously don't know what I am in for once this baby arrives. I still have very morbid thoughts & I am afraid to even think that I will actually have a baby in my arms in a few weeks.

I just wish i knew one way or the other if this baby has Down's Syndrome. I did buy a book called "Gifts", which chronicals the stories of women who have children with downs. It was a very touching book, but it made me realize that all the reassurances that I had from good ultrasounds, etc. were not an indication that my baby would be without downs. I was really shocked by how many women had no idea that they would give birth to a baby with downs. There were many who were in my situation with lousy screening results & then there were those who knew from an amnio that they would definitely have a child with downs. Like I said, I just wish I knew one way or the other!

The envelope is still sealed!! I have a feeling that it is a boy though.

Big hugs to Kether & Barb....I am so sorry that you both had to go through that again.

Well, that is it for now. Take care & Best wishes to all! :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    Seriously? The envelope is still sealed? I'm impressed!

    You're almost there! wow....So happy for you!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Leeah said…

    Wow, 37 1/2 weeks! I'm right behind you at 37 weeks with my twins. I'm so ready to evict them!

    I know you are worried with the downs possibility. I hope and pray that your surprise baby is healthy! I'm impressed that you haven't opened that envelope yet! I look forward to hearing your birth announcement! Big hugs!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to hear about the babe! It is so exciting that our little darlins will be a couple days apart!! It is coming so quickly now that we're down to less than a week.... OH MY! Good luck!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home