Waiting on a Miracle

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Level 2 U/S

We had our "big" u/s this past week & I am so happy to report that everything looks great. I was convinced there would be plenty of markers for downs syndrome. I am so glad that I was so wrong! Of course the doctor wouldn't let me be thrilled over this. He had to be such a bummer & tell me that 2/3's of ds babies will show up on ultrasound, but the other 1/3 look normal. Therefore, I am not in the clear yet. I declined the amnio & actually had to sign a waiver that I didn't want it. So all in all, I guess it was the best possible appointment we could have had given the circumstances.

We also decided not to find out the gender. We asked if it was possible to let us know at a later date if we changed our minds. The tech actually gave us an envelope with a picture inside telling us if it is a boy or a girl. I know if I open it I am going to be so mad at myself, so for now I haven't been tempted. I have a feeling it is a boy....but most of my family thinks it is a girl. For now, I will just wait & see! We haven't even discussed names, and I honestly haven't even thought of any. Any suggestions?

School starts next week & I am very nervous because I know I don't even know what I am in for! How do you handle working & then coming home to take care of kids? I was always the last one out of the building & one of the first ones there in the morning. That is NOT going to be the case now.....how do you do it?

Well, that it is for now....Goodnight! :)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Crista said…

    Hey! So sorry I haven't commented in a while. Blogger hasn't been my friend, but suddenly I can comment again tonight. Hooray for the good appointment!! I hope the start of school went well for you. It is always hard transitioning back to work and coming home to the kiddlets, but you will get the hang of it, of that I'm sure!! Big ((hugs)) to you!!!!

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Congratulations on the great appointment! I don't know if I could have that envelope and not peek. Can't wait to see another update.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Leeah said…

    Glad to hear all is going well! I would go crazy not knowing what our babies are! You're a strong woman!!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are so strong! I HAD to know!! We were certain it was going to be a girl, but the tech said a boy. I'm a little nervous because things seem to be different this time, so time will tell! Only a little more than 7 weeks to go! Are you taking off the rest of the year? As far as what to do, you just need to follow your heart. I don't think I could be a full time SAHM. It is too difficult for me! I enjoy my job (most days) but am considering finding some place closer. Do what is right for you, and try not to let outside pressures influence your decision. Congrats on the good ultrasound! I'm sure everything will be PERFECT! (and DON'T read about DS... you will just make yourself a nervous wreck!)

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Anonymous vikramsingh said…

    your dreams will come true.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Syed Mehdi said…

    Congratulations for new comer. If someone is planning to become parents via surrogacy process and egg donation, a lot of research and planning is needed. To know more about process visit us online.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home