Waiting on a Miracle

Monday, July 16, 2007

Still Here.....always on a Rollercoaster!

Yes, I am still alive....if anyone still checks in here. The "babies" are now 2 & my latest saga is that I am almost 13 weeks PREGNANT!!!!! We are still pretty shocked as this was a TOTAL SURPRISE!

It has not been an easy pregnancy so far. We had 2 scares of miscarriage w/ a trip to the ER. I don't know what I was thinking, but we did the 1st trimester screening & I came back "High Risk" for Down Syndrome. I have a 1/211 chance of a baby with ds. (My NT scan was fine, it was the bloodwork.) I refused the cvs & amnio because of the miscarriage risk.....and now I need to wait until my level II ultrasound at the end of August. I hope and pray that this baby is healthy & chromonally perfect.....but of course I would love any baby. I obviously won't know for sure until January when the baby is (hopefully) born. I still have doubts that my body will keep this little one safe....but I am trying to stay positive.

Well, that is it for now. I just figured I would give an update if anyone was still around...and if anyone has advice on taking care of 3 kids under 2.5 years old, I'd love to hear it!!!!! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    I've been thinking about you and was about to send an email to check in! We've had major problems getting our internet up and running at the new house-- but, by golly I think it is finally done! Hang in there with the ds scare. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you're doing the research!) that those test frequently come back with false positives. If the NT scan came back ok, then I think that is a move in the right direction. The end of August will be here before you know it and you'll get a sweet sneak peek at that new little person! I've had lots of worries this time around about disabilities, my screening is in a few weeks... holding my breath!

    What is going on with school? Did you tell your principal? What are your plans? :)

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    omigosh!
    SO EXCITING!!!

    I'm keeping you in my prayers. You'll be busy, but before you know it you won't remember how life was with just the twins!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Congratulations are in order! Haven't checked in on you for awhile. Can't wait to hear more!

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger Leeah said…

    Congratulations! I'm not sure if you remember me, but I was on the TTCAM 6+ board. I don't really any advice for you, but it looks like we're in a similar situation. Kristoffer is 2 and we just had Haakon five months ago and I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant......with twins! We will have 4 children under the age of 3! I'm here if you want to talk about it! ;-)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Leeah said…

    I forgot to mention that I had the NT scan last week. It was fine, but because of my age I have a 1/173 chance for a baby with Down Syndrome. I go for the blood test next week. Not sure why I didn't have it last week, but I guess things are different in Norway. I hope everything is ok and your precious little miracle is healthy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home