Waiting on a Miracle

Friday, March 31, 2006

Another Year!!

Thanks so much for your input. I am taking the 2nd year off!!! I am usually a horrible decision maker, but this one was easy once I looked at the pros & cons. My kids will never be small again & like Zeeks said, I would really regret leaving them if I didn't have to. Mommabee is right too that I would feel much better leaving kids that are just about pre-school age rather than infants. Thanks so much!!

This title has a double meaning....today is my birthday & I am another year older...33!(Happy Birthday to Zeeks also...but I think you are only 30 today!?!) This year flew by. Last year at this time I was VERY pregnant & "homeless". We had closed on our house & I was living with my mom until we were finished with updating the new house. I am surprised that as I write this, it feels like it was a very long time ago. This year was a great birthday. I spent it with my kids & my family. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was the most beautiful day of 2006 so far!

Oh well, I better get going while the babies are still sleeping. They still wake up during the night...any advice on that????

5 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Carol P said…

    Okay, so why didn't I realize that we shared the same birthday? Anyway, happy b-day one day late. And you're close - I turned 31 this year.

    Glad that you made a decision that you're comfortable with. I hope I wasn't being too opinionated or pushy. But, if it was helpful then good! Take care of you and your dear ones.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (a day late...)

    I'm so sure that no matter what, ultimately, you will never regret your decision. Congratulations! :)

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and as for the (not)sleeping/waking though the night...we've had a few relapses of late, I think due to Bella's latest developments (crawling, cruising, sitting up, etc.) and sometimes due to teething. Are the twins still waking up to eat during the night, or for some other reason?

    I definitely don't have "THE" answer, but will say that working on my willpower not to always run to her crib and pick her up has helped. It's been really hard, especially when she cries, but I think it's ultimately the best thing -- for all of us!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger barb said…

    Yay for another year off. I am both jealous and thankful that I am not home with my kids. I feel sad that I miss some of the moments and yet I am personally a better mom for getting some time away. Enjoy the time, it does go so fast.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks for your support!!
    Zeeks, you were definitely not too pushy or opinionated!!
    Mommabee, thanks for the sleep help. I'll have to post the whole situation sometime soon -- it really is out of control!!
    Barb, thanks for your support!
    After all these years....you guys are still the best friends to ask for help!!! :) thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home