Waiting on a Miracle

Saturday, June 25, 2005

36 + weeks!!!

I'm very excited to report that I made it to 36 weeks & I am still pregnant! Before I get into that though, I would like to send out a belated CONGRATULATIONS to Katie on the birth of her adorable son Braden!!!!

This past week & a half went by extremely slow...I was either lying in bed or on the couch all day....everyday!!! I had an OB appointment on Wednesday & the doc said that there were no changes to my cervix, so I was very happy about that!

I am "off" bedrest now & we actually went out to dinner last night. It was odd being out of the house & eating like a normal person at a table! I'm still taking it easy, but I feel like I have permission to at least straighten up a "little bit" around the house.

My days & nights are plagued with heartburn & believe it or not, I still have morning sickness! My next appointment is Tuesday (6/28) with the Peri for a growth scan & a bio-physical profile on the babes. My OB said that if ANYTHING is found to be questionable at this point, they will deliver! He said that there is a 50% chance that they will recommend deliver on Tuesday! I'm still pushing for the scheduled C on July 6th...but at this point I am thrilled that I made it beyond 36 weeks!

I am still a nervous wreck & worry about everything that could go wrong. Part of me doesn't believe that I will ever get to hold these babies alive...I know it sounds morbid, but it is my reality. I worry about everything...the only thing keeping me sane is their movements & believe me I get frantic if I don't feel them for awhile.

Well, enough of my psychotic thoughts...take care, best wishes & I'll try my best to post if we need to head to the hospital before our Tuesday appointment...otherwise, I'll update you all after that appointment! If you don't hear from me...maybe I delivered! (Janet, I'm trying my best to wait for you to go first!)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Go Cara! 36 weeks...you made it. I can't wait for you to have these babies. I hope you don't mind that I am wishing for you to deliver on Tuesday. I don't think I have seen their names. Do I have to wait until birth to find out? If so I guess I will have to be patient *sigh*

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger barb said…

    Where's the update? Are you off having those babies? I'm so excited for you.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Are the babies here? What's going on?? I'm so happy that all is well! That is such great news! Although, now I'm dying to know what is going on! Post when you can!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    Yes! are the babies here? I can't wait to hear about how you are now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home