Waiting on a Miracle

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Big Ultrasound Let Down!

I couldn't sleep last night because I was very excited/nervous about my big ultrasound today. I made arrangements for other teachers to cover my classes after lunch so that I could make it to my appointment....but the weather wasn't cooperating. The roads were very icy, and there was accumulating snow. My husband was supposed to meet me at my sister's house & then we were to go together to the hospital. I made it to my sister's house, but my husband got stuck on a road that was closed due to accidents & the weather. (It took him 5 hours to eventually get home!)

Everyone tried to convince me not to go, but I was determined to keep this appointment. On a normal day, the hospital is only about 10 minutes from my sister's house, so I figured giving myself 45 minutes to get there would be fine. I didn't want to cancel, because I would have to wait another month for an appointment. Anyway, I started out on my sister's street, and before I got to the end of it, I was hit from behind my a skidding car. Thank God I was only "tapped", which just jostled my body. I took this as a sign to turn around & go back to my sister's. As I sat in the driveway, I called the hospital & the lady only has April 1st available for a "twin ultrasound". I burst into tears on the phone & explain that I was on my way but got "hit from behind." I was shocked when she said, "Let me call you back & see what I can do!" An hour later she called to say that the doctor is going to accomodate me & to come in at 7:30 on Monday Morning (3/14).

In the meantime, it practically stopped snowing & the roads seemed fine. I had an OB appointment scheduled for tonight at 7:30, which their office called to see if I could come in earlier. I was planning on cancelling this due to the weather, but then changed my mind because I needed peace of mind that these two were alive. This office is less than a mile from my sister's house & my sister decided to come with me. Again, Thank God that everything is OK. My OB did an in office u/s & we saw the two moving all around with strong heartbeats! She confirmed they were a boy & a girl too! Although I am bummed I didn't get the "BIG" ultrasound today, I am happy that we are all OK. I realize it was stupid of me to try and go out in terrible weather, but my thought process was "What is the difference between me driving to the hospital or home....the hospital is actually closer than home!" So I guess I will just have to post again after my Monday U/S! That will be a very long day, as I also have a dentist appointment at 7:15 PM!! (I wasn't pregnant when I made that one back in September!)

LOL about emailing the pics....why not! I need to find one where I look good! Zeeks -- I was only going to post a "headless" shot & he still flipped! I guess he thinks I have a very distinctive belly! Well, take care & Best wishes to all!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad you are okay! I also live in NJ and experienced that crazy weather yesterday.

    How great that they were able to reschedule your big u/s for Monday. Looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

    -Julie
    http://lifeofriley.typepad.com/two_peas_in_a_pod/

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    Glad you and the twins are doing well! I know how much you look forward to the "big events" and you worry about everything so I can totally understand your need to get there. And if you email the belly shots, be sure my name is on the list! Again, so happy for you!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home