Waiting on a Miracle

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Never a Dull Moment!

This is going to be short & sweet, because I am overwhelmed with work. March is always a bad month because we have state testing, report cards, parent conferences, & a school play. On top of this, I decided that March 31st was a great day to move. Therefore, I am up to my ears in boxes & loads of paper work. I am trying to take it easy, but I have to admit I am stressed out. (I will do my best to catch-up on all your blogs this weekend....please forgive me for not being around!)

Anyway, here is a quick update of my BIG ultrasound. The babies are both doing great. The girl weighs about 14 oz. & her heartrate is 146 bpm. The boy is weighing about 1 lb. & his heartrate is 145 bpm. Thank God, they both have all the necessary body parts & no markers for any problems. Except....(there always has to be an exception)...the girl's umbilical cord only has 2 vessels instead of the normal 3. They really checked her heart & kidneys, which both seemed perfectly normal. So their major concern now is her growth. They are going to keep a close eye on her to make sure she is developing & growing. They were both ahead of the average, so I pray this continues. There is nothing I can do to change any of this, so I am trying my best to just "forget" about it....we'll see how long I can do that lasts!

Well, that's all for now. Take care & best wishes to all!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    I am so glad to hear both your babies are doing well. Sounds like you will be monitored very closely which is a good thing. Hopefully the cord issue will not be a problem. Grow babies grow!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear the babies are doing well. Sorry you are so busy.

    A good friend of mine found out when she was pg with #2 that the baby's umbilical cord was short a vessel. There was concern about his growth and they delivered him via c-section given the concern that he might be on the small side. Ended up weighing 9 lbs at birth!

    -JulieB

    http://lifeofriley.typepad.com/two_peas_in_a_pod/

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks for all your well-wishes & JulieB...thanks for the encouraging 9 pound story! I would be so thrilled with two, 9 lb. children!!! Oh well, take care & best wishes to all, Cara

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Hope you're hanging in there Cara! I was so glad to read the positive update, but sorry about your little girl's cord issue. She is in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sure all will be well, especially with the close monitoring. ((((hugs))))!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cara,
    I came across your blog when I was searching two vessel umbilical cord pregnancies. I had my big ultrasound on Thursday, the 24th and we also found that our baby had single umbilical cord artery syndrome. I have since spoken to three obs and they all say the same thing unless another abnormality is found on ultrsound or chromosomal screening the baby should be born normal. The March of Dimes Website also agrees, plus my best friend's sister had the same issue with her third child and little Brian is perfectly normal. I also did IVF but I have not been able to find any connection between the two other then it is more often found in twins. Trying not to worry here. I will be praying for you little ones as well as my own.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home