Waiting on a Miracle

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Getting By

I have been so busy lately with school it is sickening. Report cards are due next week, we have had a ton of parent/teacher conferences, & the holidays are approaching. My head is spinning from the long list of things I have to do & have no time to do them. Thank God for my husband & mother. My husband has been making sure I am well fed & my mother is actually doing most of my Christmas shopping. I am by nature a shopping guru & it just blows my mind that I have given up my favorite holiday activity to my mom becuase I just don't have the time or energy. She finished all of her shopping early & made me give her a list with my credit card!! She is almost finished & I am actually impressed with her ability to save me money & buy nice gifts at the same time! I shopped a bit online this week so I don't feel like a total loser! But seriously what the hell is wrong with me?

For one thing, I have been a nervous wreck lately. I've past the point of my 1st two miscarriages and am approaching my third edd & m/c milestone. this next week. I go back to the RE this Monday (12/13) for another ultrasound & bloodwork. This past Monday (12/6) everything was looking fine, with one at 7w3d & 155 bpm, and the other at 7w2d & 153 bpm. I was 7w3d by dates, so I was very happy with the growth. My symptoms have been up & down so who knows WTF is going on. Last night (12/10) I took my last Progesterone butt shot. On Monday, they will check my levels to see if I still need supplements.....between now & then though I will be frantically trying to find symptoms. I keep telling myself to just "enjoy" the pregnancy while I can, but I am over run with fear that this pregnancy will end up like the others. "If it is meant to be....it will be" -- that is my mantra! Oh well, take care & best wishes to all!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Kudos to your husband and mother for being such a help. I hope your progesterone numbers are high and you won't have to do the shots anymore. I hope Monday gets here quickly so you can have another look and reassurance that your babies are doing fine.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Good luck today Cara!! Can't wait to read a wonderful update, 'cause that is just how it has to be. So many of the things you wrote in that last paragraph are so much easier said than done, but I think your attitude is quite impressive. Keep on growing, little twins, and make mama proud!! Take care of yourself girl...

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Crista said…

    Me too...hoping (assuming) that no news is good news...but I'm checking back like crazy!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thank God everything was fine at my appt. Monday. I am so busy I don't have time to write a "real" post, but I didn't want to keep you guys in suspense! I can't believe I am still pregnant! Take care & hopefully I will have some spare time tomorrow -- Cara

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    Cara I'm so glad everything is going well with the twins! And what a great mom and husband. I've been thinking of you. Hope you get to enjoy the preganancy symptoms and that Fear takes a hike.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    Phew! I'm so glad you commented to let us know, and I'm so happy that the twins are growing strong in there!!

    SSCKs...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home