Waiting on a Miracle

Monday, January 17, 2005

13 weeks 3 days & Other stuff

We had our appointment today and Thank God, everything is great. The doctor surprised me and did an abdominal ultrasound. The babies were laying on top of each other -- head to toe! They moved, waved, and even hiccupped. One had a heartrate of 153 and the other 162. My next appointment is in 3 weeks with the perinatologist and then the next week I go back to the OB. I am glad that these appointments are so close, except that the next 3 weeks are going to drag!! In the meantime, I am very happy and thankful that all is well!!!

In other news, life has been quite hectic. To sum up my past week: my husband found out he has shingles, I had 2 dead mice in my classroom, and we bought a house!

Luckily, I had a bad case of the chicken pox when I was a kid, so there was no need to worry about my husband. Being the neurotic person that I am though, my husband has been sleeping in the spare bedroom for the past week!

The mice stunk up my classroom because they had died inside a trap that was placed inside a wall. The custodians couldn't get to it until the next day. I thought I was going to die from the smell!

As for the house, my husband and I really fell in love with it. We will be moving sometime this spring. In the meantime, we have been cleaning out clutter in our current house so that we can put it up for sale next weekend. I pray it sells quickly, because I can't deal with the stress of 2 mortages ...what were we thinking?!?

As for bellyshots. I really need to get on this, as I feel like I am growing by the minute. Hopefully I will have some time this week to take & post one!Well, that's all for now. Take care & Best wishes!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Summer Girl said…

    So glad all is well! It is amazing when you see them on the monitor! I'll be looking for those belly shots...

    As for the mice, I would have died! I'm sure the kids were a mess too!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Carol P said…

    Yippie yippie yippie! The house and babies, that is... not the shingles and mice. I hope your husband caught shingles early, 'cause it can be quite painful. Hubby and I have committed to listing our house next Mon (a week from today). I'll give you sell quick vibes if you send them right back to me!! In the meantime, I'm dying to see a belly shot! Update when you can.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Hope to see those belly shots soon. Maybe you could post some new house pics too. I can't believe you are already in the second trimester. Glad to hear that you are doing so well.
    ssck's

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kether said…

    YAY!!! How exciting! Isn't it funny when they switch from the vag ultrasound to the abdominal one? Its like a big milestone.
    Good news about the house. Prayin that the other one sells quickly so that you don't have to stress about that.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Crista said…

    I loved it when they switched to the abdominal u/s too. It was a great feeling...in more ways than one! ;) Hope you're still doing well, and that things have calmed down a bit. How is DH?

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger barb said…

    Ooh, I work with mice so I can sypathise with the stench of dead mouse (horrible to deal with any time let alone when you are pregnant). SO glad to hear all is going well with you. I too cannot wait to see some belly pics of you. I can't imagine what 2 are going to feel like. It is amazing. Congrats on the house too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home